Natrum muriaticum is a tissue salt that may be effective in reducing the symptoms of colds that start with sneezing and the nose running like a tap. Other conditions which may benefit include dry, itchy skin in the creases of a joint, PMS, menstrual symptoms and dryness of vagina at menopause often accompanied by feelings of sadness, resentment, irritability and a desire to be alone.
The emotional symptoms of Nat Mur are grief with despair, resentment and a tendency to brood and dwell over the past. It can be the result of long term emotional strain or loss. They don’t like sympathy, company or crying in public.
- Pains appear and disappear slowly
- Colds with sneezing, running nose, loss of smell and taste
- Hay fever
- Cold sores
- Chronic headaches
- Grief or sadness with aversion to company
- Emotionally vulnerable and easily offended
- Better: cold, rest, seashore, deep breathing, fasting, cold bathing
- Worse: consolation, fatty food, sugar, milk, bread, storms, heat, closed rooms, between 10-11 am, seashore, thunder
- Always read the label.
- Homoeopathic principles should be applied when using this remedy.
- If symptoms persist consult your health care practitioner promptly.