Steam Activated Charcoal Powder
- Ultra-fine powder derived from coconut shell fibre
- Medicinal Grade, unlike food grade charcoal used in water filters and for topical use
- Steam Activated (unlike chemical activation) enhances adsorption (bonding) capacity
- Strong drawing agent and promotes a neutral pH
Our Activated Charcoal is an ultra-fine powder derived from pure coconut shell fibre. It has been steam activated (unlike chemical activation) making it 3-5 times more porous. It has also been medicinally activated using a purification process which empties the carbon molecules completely, further increasing its surface area, which enhances its adsorption and drawing capacity (more than steam activation alone).
Activated charcoal is one of nature’s finest magnetic sponges for adsorbing toxins, pain from burns, poisons, pollutants and bacteria. It may be used without side effects or overdose. Eden Healthfoods Activated Charcoal is 100% natural and does not contain any additives, sweeteners, chemicals, or binders.
Although not an herb, charcoal is invaluable in a number of ways. Activated charcoal will adsorb and render harmless over 3,000 known drug residues, pesticides, insecticides and just about every harmful chemical known. It is pure carbon and will adsorb 29 of the 30 most dangerous poisons, thus neutralising them.
Internally, charcoal cannot adsorb all poisons, but it can bind with, and thus neutralise many of them. Here are but a few of the many things it adsorbs:
- Many industrial toxins including DDT and dieldrin, strychnine, malathion, parathion
- Many medical drugs including aspirin, barbiturates cocaine, opium, nicotine, morphine, penicillin and sulphas.
- Many inorganic chemicals including mercury, phosphorous, chlorine, lead, iron and silver.
1 heaped teaspoon (2g) in half a glass of water. Follow with 1 glass of water.