Legendary medicinal mushrooms have been added to the collagen-rich Best of the Bone bone broth concentrate to create a unique bone broth flavour (mushrooms, garlic, black pepper) that is a fantastic base for soups or sauces.
Best of the Bone is high in 19 amino acids including one of the highest foods in the essential amino acid glycine as well as proline, arginine, lysine, glutamine and a precursor to one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants glutathione. Also high in essential fatty acids including omega 3s EPA, DHA, CLA.
Benefits of Bone Broth
- A staple of digestive health and microbiome re-building.
- A staple of leaky gut, IBS and Crohn’s disease diets.
- Anti-inflammatory – reducing internal chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation has been linked to the increase in auto-immune diseases.
- Skin, nail and hair health – thanks to the high collagen content and essential fatty acids
- Joint, bone and vascular health
Benefits of Adaptogenic Mushrooms – reishi, shiitake and lion’s mane
- Lion’s mane may help digestive health by fighting inflammation, which could be beneficial for people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The mushroom may also boost immune function and encourage the growth of good bacteria in the gut. Lion’s Mane is a mushroom with neuroprotective and nootropic effects. Lion’s Mane can improve memory and reasoning. Mechanisms: Increases NGF levels in the brain – enhanced neuronal growth, regeneration and synaptic plasticity.
- Reishi mushrooms – a notable benefit of the reishi mushroom is that it can boost your immune system. Also known for cancer-fighting properties (shown to decrease size of tumours) and also shown that can fight fatigue and depression.
- Shiitake mushrooms are also known for immune-boosting properties (as is bone broth) and properties found in shiitake may help fight cancer, boost immunity, and support heart health.
Just add a teaspoon to a glass of hot water and get a hearty drink (perfect for winter) or add to soups, sauces or a bolognese.
Grass-fed beef leg bone extract (broth gelatin); certified organic lion’s mane, reishi and shitake mushrooms; organic garlic, organic black pepper and sea salt.
Store in a cool place or refrigerate.