Unflavoured Beef Gelatin is made of one simple ingredient providing a pure protein dietary supplement. It will dissolve in hot liquids, and it will thicken cold liquids, making it great for making jellies and gummies. It is also nearly tasteless, colourless and odourless.
Great Lakes Gelatin’s collagen and gelatin products are sourced from cattle in Argentina and Brazil. They are pasture-raised, kosher, and grass-fed based on the standards of the American Grassfed Association and animal welfare guidelines. Unflavoured Beef Gelatin is forage-based, which eliminates the potential use of growth hormones, antibiotics, and steroids. Great Lakes Gelatin is committed to monitoring animal welfare practices as well as safety and quality.
Two of the most desirable properties of gelatin is the melt-in-the mouth characteristic, and its ability to form thermo-reversible gels. Some of the best culinary uses include:
- Gel Forming: Gelled Desserts, Confectionery, Paté, Consommé, Aspics.
- Whipping Agent : Marshmallows, Nougats, Mousses, Soufflé, Chiffons, Whipped Cream.
- Protective Colloid: Confectionery, Icings, Ice cream, Frozen Desserts and Confections.
- Binding Agent: Meat Rolls, Canned Meats, Confectionery, Cheeses, Dairy Products.
- Film Forming: Coating for Fruits, Meats, Deli items.
- Thickener: Powdered Drink Mixes, Bouillon, Gravies, Sauces, Soups, Puddings, Jellies, Syrups.
- Emulsifiers: Cream Soups, Sauces, Flavorings, Meat Pastes, Whipped Cream, Confectionery
- Stabilizer: Cream Cheese, Chocolate Milk, Yogurt, Cream Fillings, Frozen Desserts.
Suggestions for Use
- 1 Tbsp is the equivalent of 1 envelope or 3 1/2 sheets of gelatin
- 1 Tbsp of Great Lakes Gelatin gels 1 pint / 550 ml of liquid
- For making Gummies: Pour 1 tablespoon of gelatin in ½ cup of cold water. Let it sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the mixture into 1½ cups of very hot liquid and add in any desired flavors and sweeteners (include as part of liquid measure).
- If making gummies, pour the liquid into a mould tray and allow the gelatin to chill until firm before serving.
- Gelatin can be used for more than gummies – add to your recipes as a thickener, stabilizer or egg replacement.
- Or use for making marshmallows, mousse, moulded desserts, and salads, Bavarians, ice creams, jams, and aspics are all great with Great Lakes Gelatin!
Pure Beef Gelatin Powder