Bitter herbs are used in western herbal medicine for maintaining healthy digestive function and aiding digestion. As gastric secretion declines with age, a significant percentage of people aged 65 years or older have abnormally low gastric acidity. Low acidity can lead to poor nutrient absorption and abnormal bowel flora. People with reduced gastric secretions are more susceptible to bacterial and parasitic enteric infections. Research has shown when bitter substances are tasted at the back of the tongue prior to a meal, they have a priming effect on the upper digestive function. This is most noticeable if digestion is below optimum. Digest-Rite contains the bitter herbs gentian, dandelion and centaury to help stimulate and aid digestion.
- Provides symptomatic relief for people who experience the uncomfortable feeling of dyspepsia such as bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea. Stimulates gastric juices that aid digestion.
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive function.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
Directions for Use
To promote healthy appetite, maintain healthy digestion and stimulate gastric secretions, Infuse 1 teabag (1.6 g) in 250 mL (one cup) of boiling water, steep for ten minutes before removing teabag.
- Adults – drink 1 cup three times daily, 30 to 60 minutes before meals.
To relieve symptoms of indigestion, infuse 1 teabag (1.6 g) in 250 mL (one cup) of boiling water, steep for ten minutes before removing teabag.
- Adults – drink 1 cup three times daily, after meals.
There are no restrictions on duration of use.
Each 1.6 g teabag contains Gentian Dry (Gentiana lutea) 800 mg, Basil (Ocimum basilicum) Herb Dry, Calendula Flower Dry (Calendula officinalis), Sage Leaf Dry (Salvia officinalis).
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Medical advice is recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Do not take if you are sensitive to bitters. Contraindicated with gastric and duodenal ulcers. Do not use if film wrapper is damaged or missing.